Company & Industry
Anheuser-Bush InBev is a multi-national beverage and brewing company headquartered in Belgium. Known as the world’s largest brewer, it is also considered to be one of the largest Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies in the world. Managing well over 400 brands of beer, they have 200,000 employees in over 50 countries and sell their beer in over 100 countries world-wide. This company is truly consumer-centric focused with owners who are committed to achieving excellence in all that they do.
With an already far reaching global continuous improvement program, Anheuser Bush InBev reached out to Acuity Institute in 2012 looking to upgrade their program and wanting to add components that would allow them to become more efficient and cost effective in their delivery of the Lean Six Sigma training to a broader audience.
- With an active continuous improvement program, Acuity’s challenge was to design a Lean Six Sigma program that could address their need for training and efficiency yet still feel congruous to an established system.
- Acuity introduced a blended learning model (part online and part classroom instruction) and built a complete custom blended learning Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification program which would prove to be the first of its kind within the organization.
- Knowing the company was looking to be self-sufficient, Acuity also developed a Train-The-Trainer course where the organization’s instructors were taught how to deliver the new content using the blended learning model.
- The new blended learning Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification model had very positive reviews and results and was subsequently rolled out across the globe as a part of their continuous improvement program.
- Anheuser-Bush InBev received a custom Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification program that was built to spec for their program needs. The company hosts all the content on their internal Learning Management System (LMS) and as a result, the program is successful and self-sustaining.
- Based on the success of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program, Anheuser-Bush InBev returned to ask Acuity to build a completely customized and robust Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification program. Incorporating topics and curriculum concepts from our Applied Statistics, Design for Six Sigma and Lean Professional courses, Acuity developed a powerful blended learning Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program custom tailored to the organization’s requirements.
- With such a large global presence, the organization needed to ensure their programs were scalable, and utilizing this new blended learning model, they reduced the required classroom time allowing participants to complete the online lessons and still meet the demands of their own schedule. The resulting classroom instruction was very active, focused on practical workplace application of the tools and concepts learned, and became very valuable to the participants.