Company & Industry
Level 3 Communications is a premier global communications provider headquartered in the US, which provides communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Anchored by extensive fiber networks on 3 continents and connected by undersea facilities, their global services platform reaches more than 500 markets in more than 60 countries.
A longstanding partnership with Level 3 which began in 2005 and has spanned over a decade, has seen the evolution of an organization and Acuity Institute has continued to adapt to meet their continuous improvement training and coaching needs.
- Looking to implement a continuous improvement program, Level 3 reached out to Acuity Institute for program design, training, and coaching support.
- As the company continued to expand their reach globally, the need to expand their Lean Six Sigma initiative became imperative but classroom training was impractical.
- The initial phase of continuous improvement training began with classroom based Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training. Soon the training expanded to include Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Lean Six Sigma White Belt and Lean Six Sigma training for executives.
- With their rapidly expanding organization needing specific training, Acuity developed a blended learning Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program to help train their staff quickly and efficiently.
- As the company’s continuous improvement requirements changed, Acuity Institute created a completely custom Lean program that is based on a flexible blended learning model. In conjunction with online training, Acuity’s expert instructors conduct live workshops virtually with several small groups to accommodate employees across multiple locations and time zones.
- After the initial introduction of the continuous improvement program, the value and benefit of the Lean Six Sigma training and coaching became evident to not only those within the program, but to employees outside of the program as well. This led to employees independently seeking to take advantage of Acuity’s traditional online training in other courses such as the Master Black Belt Certification program.
- As the organization grew and evolved, Acuity Institute adapted the Lean Six Sigma training and coaching to fit their needs, resulting in a long-term partnership that has reached well beyond the initial group of classroom trainees. As a result, the organization has seen a significant financial return on their investment throughout the years.