Online Campus and Technical Requirements
Acuity’s online learning environment, GoLearner, has the following system requirements:
Supported Desktop Browsers
- Microsoft Edge *
- Mozilla Firefox *
- Google Chrome *
- Safari *
Supported Operating Systems for Tablets
(using the browser version of the desktop platform)
- iOS 13 (or higher) ***
- Android 9.0 (or higher) ***
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8 (or higher)**
- OSX (last two major releases)
- Most Linux Distributions
- Third-party cookies must be enabled
- localStorage must be enabled
- TLS Version: 1.2
Go.Learn mobile app
Supported Operating Systems for Tablets and Smartphones
- iOS 12 (or higher)
- Android 8.0 (or higher)
Acuity Institute’s content is delivered through its LMS, GoLearner, or other digital files (like PDFs). See below for the basic requirements for taking our courses:
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high-speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view.
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later.
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – On PC: Excel 2013 or later with the latest service or Microsoft 365; 1 GB of RAM or greater memory; 1 GB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
- On Mac: Excel 2019 or later; or Excel for Office 365; 1 GB of RAM or greater, 1 GB of available hard-disk space. For the Sierra (OS 10.12) or above. Important information for users with Macs running the Apple M1 chip.
eBooks and other supplementary course content
Accessing course eBooks requires Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
Accessing course Toolkit Templates requires Microsoft Office 2013 or later with the latest service packs OR Microsoft 365.
If Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software (only applicable for Black Belt, Green Belt, and Applied Statistics):
On PC: Excel 2013 or later with the latest service or Microsoft 365; 1 GB of RAM or greater memory; 1 GB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
On Mac: Excel 2019 or later; or Excel for Office 365; 1 GB of RAM or greater, 1 GB of available hard-disk space. For the Sierra (OS 10.12) or above. Important information for users with Macs running the Apple M1 chip.
* Browser notes:
Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari follow a continuous release policy that makes it difficult to fix a minimum version. For this reason, following the market recommendation, we will support the last 2 major versions of each of these browsers. Please note that
- as of January 2018, the platform does not support Safari on Windows
- as of November 2022, the platform provider isn’t actively testing Firefox but is still offering support for it
** Note for Windows XP users:
Windows XP is no longer supported by its original vendor, Microsoft, but if your organization has internal policies that have extended the use of Windows XP, the platform provider recommends that your PCs be migrated to MS Windows 8 or above at your earliest convenience. Although we are not in a position to guarantee the service on a no longer operational operating system, the platform provider still has customers running Windows XP who adopt the system.
If you are unable to upgrade your PCs at this time, we recommend installing the latest version of Google Chrome, as a temporary solution.
The platform provider strongly recommends that clients maintain updated operating systems (both desktop and mobile) aligned to the latest release made available by the respective vendor.
*** Note for use on tablets:
When accessing the platform from your tablet, you can use either the Go.Learn mobile app or you can also access the desktop version of your platform via the mobile browser (to which we refer as “browser version of the desktop platform”). Learn more on the advanced setting to redirect users accessing the platform from the mobile devices listed in the setting’s field to a splash page prompting them to download Go.Learn.
The browser version only supports Android tablets with an 8” screen or larger and Apple iPads of all sizes.
For optimal usage of the platform, we recommend the use of the Go.Learn mobile app, which supports any screen size and older devices.
However, note that regardless of how you access your learning platform on tablets, you can only access the learner view. No Administrator functionality is supported on the Go.Learn app, nor on the browser version of the desktop platform from your tablet.
**** The platform provider strongly suggests using at least a 1024x768px resolution on your desktop and tablet browsers, and broadband connection speed of 0.5 megabits per second.
The Acuity online campus environment is powered by Docebo. For their most recent technical notes, visit their website.