Company & Industry
Telus Corporation is a Canadian national telecommunications company that provides a wide range of telecommunications products and services including internet access, voice, entertainment, healthcare, video, satellite and IPTV television.
Looking at the yearly training budget, Telus found that it was their current Lean Six Sigma classroom training that was driving up their costs and travel expenses were a sizable part of this budget. The organization needed to cut costs and find something that was a better fit for their company.
- While professional development was highly encouraged throughout the organization, the number of team members attending classroom training was decreasing due to operational duties that made it difficult to take time away from the office.
- Reevaluating the budget, there was a compelling need to reduce the cost of the current training while still providing quality education.
- To keep the congruent feel for their employees, a Telus branded online training campus was developed for the organization and hosted by Acuity.
- Online courses ranging from Lean Six Sigma White Belt to Master Black Belt were offered. These courses are self-paced and eliminated the need for employees to take time away from the office.
- Centralized reporting for tracking team members progress across all courses.
- There is an increased awareness of Lean practices in the company’s operations and in their projects.
- There is also a growing mindset among their teams to use their newfound knowledge to deliver quality and apply Lean thinking to their process development.