You have probably experienced some level of change (personally or professionally) in the not-so-distant past. In fact, most of us experience change every day, maybe there is construction on your regular route to work so you have to drive on unfamiliar roads. Maybe it is a positive change, like getting the latest and greatest new smartphone you’ve been anticipating for months.
How do you typically respond to change?
Acuity Institute’s Change Resilience Assessment is a tool that you can use to gauge your own or your team members’ change resiliency. This assessment is included in Acuity Institute’s Change Management Professional course.
As leaders, it’s our job to actively develop change resiliency and actively assist in helping others to develop their change resiliency as well. Here are some suggestions for developing change resiliency:
- Build relationships.
- Communicate your expectations.
- Express your feelings towards change.
- Reenergize yourself during stress.
- Direct your energy productively and continue improving your skills.
- Cope with stress and know your limits.
- Work effectively with the information available.
- Allow yourself to move on to new ways of thinking or working.
- Be open to feedback.
- Review events and learn from experience.
- Be aware of what is changing.
Change is a process that takes energy and involves pain, but if you have hope and belief in your ability to adapt, not only will you manage change for yourself, you will also have the empathy for the range of emotions people go through to lead change in others.
Are you looking for an additional toolkit to help you manage others through change? Acuity Institute’s Change Management Professional course has been designed to provide Change Leaders with the tools and skills to initiate change in a project environment. It delivers best practices for both tactical and behavioral elements of change from leading experts in a practical and simple way. For more information view the course demo today.