PRESENTATION SKILLS CERTIFICATION
One of the most important skills for all business professionals is the ability to present. Acuity Institute’s Presentation Skills course teaches the foundational skills of adult learning, experiential learning, how to structure a presentation, and engage people in a way that enables the achievement of the objectives and intended outcomes. Whether you are facilitating a team meeting, brainstorming session, leadership meeting, presentation or training, this course will help you to properly build your presentation approach, engage your audience and evaluate the impact of the outcomes. This course delivers best practices from leading experts in a practical and simple way.
We recommend this course to facilitators, consultants, project managers (i.e. PMP, Green Belts, Black Belts, and Master Black Belts), supervisors, trainers, learning and development professionals and anyone who wants to learn the secrets of how to engage people and achieve objectives within a facilitated session. No prerequisites are required for this course.
Education Credits (see Course Accreditation for additional information)
- CEU: 1.0 Unit
- PDU: 10 Units
- Understand Adult Learning Principles
- Classify the Multiple Intelligences
- Utilize the Facilitation Roadmap
- Explain the Evaluation Hierarchy
- Break Down Content
- Demonstrate the Modes of Facilitation
- Utilize Openers and Closers
- Prepare Presentations
- Interpret Body Language
- Understand Questioning
- Utilize Engaging Skills
- Utilize the Fundamentals of Evaluation
- Understand how to Close the Experiential Learning Cycle
Presentation Skills Online Course Package Inclusions
- Presentation Skills Online Course Lessons and Quizzes (3 months access)
- Instructor Support (3 months access)
- Presentation Skills Toolkit (an entire set of tools and templates used throughout the presentation process)
- Presentation Skills Course eBook (a downloadable reference book that does not expire)
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 1 CEU
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 10 PDUs
- We recommend using a tablet or desktop computer to process your enrollment. If using a smartphone, you can only access our shopping cart by using our Go.Learn app.
Optional ItemPrinted Course Book
- Shipping to a location within the US is included. All other locations will be charged a delivery fee.
- Only available when combined with the course package, not available to be purchased as standalone items.
PRESENTATION SKILLS CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Acuity Institute’s Presentation Skills Certification has 2 parts:
Upon completing these requirements you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Presentation Skills Certification. Certification from Acuity Institute includes a Digital Badge. Acuity Institute has partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide this digital version of your certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
On average students complete the Presentation Skills course in 10 hours.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
PRESENTATION SKILLS ONLINE COURSE LESSONS AND QUIZZES (3 Months Access)
Presentation Skills Course Lessons (4 lessons, 40+ quiz questions and multiple exercises)
|Lesson 1||Introduction -Introduction to Presentation Skills -Differences between Presentations, Training, and Facilitation -Learning Styles -Experiential Learning Cycle -Synaptic Junction -7 Multiple Intelligences -Facilitation/Presentation Roadmap|
|Lesson 2||Prepare -Evaluation Hierarchy -How to Break Down Content -Elements of a Section -Facilitation Modes -Agenda Planning -Openers and Closers -Prepare for a Facilitated Session|
|Lesson 3||Engage -Building Participant Relationships -Body Language -Questioning -Handling Participant Behavior -Visual Aids|
|Lesson 4||Evaluate -Fundamentals of Evaluation -Evaluation Hierarchy -Closing the Experiential Learning Cycle|
GLOBAL CAMPUS TOUR
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
At Acuity Institute we want the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts on tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question or answer.
Instructor Support Time Frame: 3 Months Access
PRESENTATION SKILLS TOOLKIT
Only Acuity Institute provides its students with a Presentation Skills Toolkit to keep participants focused on their facilitated sessions and not creating “templates”. The toolkit includes a comprehensive set of templates, roadmaps, and useful tools that can be immediately used. To assist in managing all the toolkit templates in this course, we have consolidated all templates into a single, usable Microsoft Excel file. The templates can be downloaded directly to your computer to use with all of your future facilitated sessions. The provided templates include:
|Key Characteristics of Learning Styles
Learning Styles Questionnaire
Multiple Intelligences Questionnaire
Pre-Facilitation Analysis Checklist
Elements of a Section Checklist
Elements of a Section
|Sign In Sheet
Body Language Tips & Techniques
PRESENTATION SKILLS COURSE eBOOK
The Presentation Skills eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the online instructional materials. The eBook includes more than 240 pages of Presentation Skills tools and techniques. The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference. Students can print directly from the eBook. To protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
PRESENTATION SKILLS PRINTED COURSE BOOK (OPTIONAL)
Even though the Presentation Skills course eBook is included in the certification package, some of our students prefer to have a printed course book to accompany their other online materials. As an option, students can purchase the Presentation Skills printed course book for this course. The Presentation Skills printed course materials include one book containing over 240 pages of Presentation Skills tools and techniques.
PRESENTATION SKILLS COURSE ACCREDITATION
Acuity Institute is recognized as a qualified institution of higher education. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards for educational quality and accreditation. Our superior credentials include:
- Department of Higher Education with the State of Colorado in the United States
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). 1.0 CEU will be granted upon completion of this course.
- Project Management Institute (PMI)®. 10 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
TRAINING SOLUTIONS FOR CORPORATIONS
Acuity Institute has extensive experience in developing and delivering Business Performance Improvement training to all levels of an organization. Our model is based on utilizing expert facilitators and experienced learning and development individuals to develop and facilitate training. Beyond our online Presentation Skills training course, we offer two additional options for onsite training delivery for corporations: Blended Learning Training and Traditional Classroom Training. Please contact us to learn more about onsite training solutions for corporations.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!