PMP Exam Prep Training
Organizations throughout the world are relying on the execution of projects to help them succeed in today’s global economy and what they have discovered is that they need to manage projects with more efficiency and effectiveness. This is why highly skilled Project Managers are in great demand because they know how to improve a project’s success while reducing risks and costs.
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP®) for the Project Management Institute. This course delivers the licensed PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep course content. The course provides students the comprehensive knowledge they need to prepare for the PMI PMP Certification Exam. This licensed training allows students to obtain the skills needed to move directly into the workplace as a Project Manager. For those who intend to obtain their PMP certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI) this course fulfills the educational requirements needed and fully prepares you for PMI’s PMP Certification Exam. On average, students complete the course in 35 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary).
No prerequisites are required for this course.
The PMP Exam Prep course consists of 3 components.
Facilitated training of the PMI® licensed PMP® Exam Prep materials. Students will receive training based on the PMP® Exam Content Outline including all domains and related tools and concepts.
Facilitation can be delivered either virtually or in-person. A 4-Day, In-Person workshop or 16, 2-hour virtual sessions. If virtually facilitated, we can work with you to arrange a schedule that will work best for your team.
6 Separate practice exams which include questions that are similar to what you will find on the PMP® exam. Each practice exam contains feedback to allow you to continue to learn through the studying process. The 6th Practice exam is a full, 200-question timed exam comparable to the PMP Certification Exam.
- Students are also provided access to PMI’s PMP Exam Prep Digital Course materials. Content includes:
- Student Manual/Textbook –with instructional content and real-world activities
- Spotlight Videos & Media – supplemental student materials
- Master Builders – Knowledge checks to ensure comprehension of key concepts
- Student Checklists – Online lists for students to ensure adequate coverage of key concepts
- Student Forum – Acuity Institute includes access to a Student Forum where student have 12 months of unlimited access to interact with Acuity Institute’s premier PMP Facilitator and other Acuity Institute students participating in the program.
This program will earn you 35 PDUs which will fulfill the educational requirement to be eligible for the PMP exam.
- Apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management
- Describe the processes from initiating to closing a project
- Identify the roles and responsibilities within a project
- Explain how Project Management fits in an organization
- Obtain the right project authorizations
- Establish the scope of the project
- Complete the work defined in the Project Management plan
- Deliver the project objectives
- Track, review, and regulate project progress and performance
- Identify areas that require changes to the plan
- Finalize all activities to formally close the project
- Prepare for the Project Management Institute’s PMP® exam
Contact the Acuity team for more information on pricing and available times
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk and the Student Forum. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMI, PMP, PMBOK and ATP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!