Operations and Supply Chain Management
This certificate equips both new and experienced operations and supply chain managers with the skills and resources necessary to navigate the various logistics, dynamics and methodologies associated with operations and supply chain management.
Through interactive exercises, videos, self-assessments, and case studies, the self-paced courses included in this certificate provide opportunities to practice and apply key management skills. Upon successful completion of all modules in this certificate program, you can download and print a Certificate of Completion.
Topics include Logistics and Distribution Management, Operations Management, Procurement and Supply Management, and Supply Chain Basics. On average, students complete the certificate in 34 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary).
No prerequisites for this certification.
This module explores the fundamental concepts and ideas of logistics and distribution management. It delves into the various logistics information management systems, analyzes their financial aspects and technological influences, and explains how to manage and measure their performance. It explains logistics management, inventory management, and warehousing and distribution. Participants will review and distinguish between inbound logistics, outbound logistics, reverse logistics, and third-party logistics; explore the tools and techniques for tracking and valuing inventory, including ABC analysis; and learn the functions of packaging and methods for transporting goods through simple and complex distribution channels.
This module explores the fundamental concepts and theories practitioners will need to successfully guide operations in manufacturing and service organizations. It introduces key foundational material, describe the interplay of supply chains and demand management, and explain the role that processes and process management play in robust operations. Specific tools, techniques, and methodologies (including Lean, total quality management, and Six Sigma) are presented to show their applicability to operational strategies.
This module explains the evolution from the transactional purchasing or procurement function into the strategic process of supply management. It introduces key concepts and ideas that can be used to successfully source and manage suppliers and to deal with issues that may arise across the supply chain. It explains the supply management basics; describe strategic, ethical, and sustainable sourcing; and discuss supply chain leadership and integration. Course participants will explore supply management from several viewpoints; align sourcing, communication, and management strategies; and incorporate ethical and sustainable practices into the supply chain. Trends and changes to the profession due to the Internet and emerging technologies are also discussed.
As a supply chain grows in complexity, and companies increasingly source products and services from a more diverse and global set of suppliers, the job of managing the processes that ensure the steady and reliable flow of components and inputs has never been more difficult. This module introduces the core concepts and components of supply chain management, including supplier evaluation, logistics, inventory management, and other supply chain practices.
- Explain how to set up, manage and measure logistics operations
- Examine fundamental aspects of logistics operations management
- Define inventory and assess processes for classifying, storing, managing, and distributing inventory
- Employ strategic and tactical planning to develop effective process management strategies
- Recognize successful methods of communication and articulate the role that communication plays in building relationships across the supply chain and improving supplier performance
- Identify and manage supply risk, measure performance, and overcome organizational barriers to supply chain excellence
Operations and Supply Chain Management Certification Package
- Includes 3.4 CEUs, 34 PMI PDUs, 34 SHRM PDCs
Do you have a group?
We have solutions designed for you.
Successful completion of the following:
Upon completing these requirements, you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Operations and Supply Chain Certification. Certification from Acuity Institute includes a Digital Badge. Acuity Institute has partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide this digital version of your certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Global Campus Tour
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
IACET Continuing Education Units (Accreditation)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Blended Learning Training
In addition to e-Learning courses, Acuity Institute offers customized Blended Learning training options for corporations.
Acuity’s Blended Learning training combines online training with live, facilitated workshops facilitated by one of Acuity Institute’s leading industry facilitators. This model provides two benefits for your team:
- Reduces the time spent in the classroom, away from other responsibilities
- Provides learner access to the training to learn at their own pace and review the content as often as they need
The live workshops are focused on the practical application of the methodology and tools in the workplace environment. The number of workshops and the schedule for workshops can be modified to meet your team’s needs. Contact our team to learn more about Blended Learning for your team.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!