MASTER BLACK BELT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Certification program is the most comprehensive and practical in the industry. A certified Master Black Belt (MBB) from Acuity Institute has both technical expertise and is adept at leading people, coaching, and driving continuous strategic performance improvement through the effective management of a portfolio of high profile projects. Master Black Belts are an elite group of individuals who interface as trusted advisors to top leadership and management and align internal improvement initiatives to strategic priorities. They coach and train Black Belts, Green Belts and Lean Practitioners to deliver improved business results and accelerate positive change. Master Black Belt Certification from Acuity Institute’s prestigious program is evidence of successful demonstration of the necessary skills and knowledge required to be effective in their role.
MASTER BLACK BELT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Certification Program is completely self-paced (no travel required) which provides the most flexibility in completing the curriculum around your already busy schedule. Where many other Master Black Belt programs are intended for manufacturing operations, Acuity’s program focuses on non-manufacturing operations, such as financial services and healthcare, making this course diverse enough to be applied in a wide variety of industries. We recommend this program to Project Leaders, Department Leaders, Business Leaders, Business Improvement Team Leaders, and Emerging Leaders. No other organization offers a comprehensive Master Black Belt Certification Program such as ours, which includes several training courses, challenging practical application, and superior support from Acuity Institute Experts. In addition, the Executive Director of Acuity Institute’s MBB Program is Brent Drever, who is a leading authority in business performance improvement strategies, and has trained and coached thousands of business leaders since the late 1990s.
MASTER BLACK BELT PROGRAM PREREQUISITES
- Black Belt Certification (Acuity Institute Black Belt certification is preferred; certification from another school/company needs to be approved by Acuity Institute)
- Acceptance into Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Program. Interested candidates apply to this prestigious program and individuals accepted must meet the prerequisites and have a demonstrated desire to become a Certified Master Black Belt with Acuity Institute.
MASTER BLACK BELT PROGRAM DURATION
You have 24 months to complete the Master Black Belt Certification program. The program is self-paced and can be completed in less time.
Master Black Belt Certification Package
- Skill Development: Applied Statistics
- Skill Development: Lean Professional
- Skill Development: Design for Six Sigma
- Skill Development: Kaizen Leader
- Skill Development: Change Management Professional
- Skill Development: Presentation Skills
- Superior Support from Acuity Institute Experts
- MBB Certification Panel Administration
- 24 Months to Complete the Program
- No Travel Required
- No Hidden Fees
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 27.3 CEU’s
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 273 PDU’s
Optional ItemPrinted Course Books for all six courses included in the program
- Shipping to a location within the US is included. All other locations will be charged a delivery fee.
- Only available with the program package, books are not available to be purchased as standalone items.
This testimonial is for the Master Black Belt Certification at Acuity Institute. My overall experience with Acuity Institute has been pleasant, and I recommend it.
In my search for the MBB vendors, I had three criterions: a) Challenging and enhancing curriculum; b) Flexibility and c) Economical. Acuity “checked” all the three boxes. Let me explain each one briefly:
a) The curriculum is designed in a manner which not only focuses on theory (six courses – 4 exams – 80% pass marks) and project work (three projects), but also on your ability to train/ coach or write a white paper.
b) The program is online and self-paced. For me this was very important because I am mostly travelling and could not commit to a rigid class timeline. For any questions, I had quick response from the admin team (mostly Kimberly in my case) and my MBB instructor – Brent Drever
c) The program cost was within the budget boundaries for my employer to sponsor.
Overall a well-rounded certification program, at a competitive cost and very supportive staff. Thank you!Prashant Dhillon
The Acuity Master Black Belt (MBB) Program proved to be an excellent choice for my MBB training and certification. They offered a challenging, relevant and well thought out curriculum. Additionally, I was very pleased from start to finish of the program with the administrative support and coaching that I received. Brent and Stephanie – THANK YOU for your support !!!Temeeka Alexander
PROGRAM CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Certification Program includes four comprehensive parts. Each part is intended to provide students with robust skills and credentials that are unparalleled in the industry.
Part 1: Master Black Belt Skills Development – Acuity Institute Training & Certification
There are six required courses for Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Certification. Each course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be successful in your role as a Master Black Belt. The courses include comprehensive tools and techniques in each of their respective disciplines. The enrollment cost for all six courses is INCLUDED in the MBB Program fee.
Part 2: Project Execution – As the Project Leader
- Individually complete 3 Business Performance Improvement Projects using any of the following methodologies:
- DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- DMADV (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design, Verify)
- Kaizen (Plan, Do, Check, Act)
- Lean (FOCUS: Focus, Operate, Create, Utilize, Sustain)
- Previously completed projects are evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure completeness. If the MBB Candidate has no prior project, then the above requirements need to be completed during the 2 year MBB Program timeframe.
Part 3: Knowledge Transfer – Coaching and Training Facilitation
To provide you with the most flexibility, and to ensure alignment with your specific interests, you are required to complete ONE of the following three options.
- Option 1: Project Coaching – individually coach and mentor 4 Business Performance Improvement Project Leaders (i.e. Black Belts and/or Green Belts) through project completion.
- Option 2: Training Facilitation – individually create a one-hour training course on a relevant Business Performance Improvement topic. Facilitate the training course to two separate groups of 8 or more participants. Training can be conducted in person or virtually. Acuity Institute can assist in identifying training participants if needed.
- Option 3: White Paper Development – individually create a case study (i.e. White Paper) on a relevant Business Performance Improvement topic. Presentation and/or publication to a relevant external organization is required (i.e. Industry Association).
Previously completed project coaching, training facilitation, and white paper development is evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure completeness. If the MBB Candidate has no prior experience with project coaching, training facilitation, and white paper development, then the above requirements need to be completed during the 2 year MBB Program timeframe.
Part 4: Certification Approval
- An Acuity Institute “MBB Certification Panel” meets with the MBB Candidate to review the certification documentation provided from Parts 1-3 outlined above (the meeting is conducted virtually).
- The Acuity Institute “MBB Certification Panel” decides if the MBB Candidate meets the requirements for MBB Certification.
MASTER BLACK BELT PROGRAM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is Acuity Institute’s MBB Program more cost effective than many other programs?
Through our research, the average cost of Master Black Belt certification with our competitors is $10,000 plus travel related expenses and required software. We firmly believe that our competitors are overcharging for their programs, and Acuity Institute is able to provide its superior quality courses, practical application and support while eliminating the elements that add unnecessary cost. Our MBB program is designed for the individual that is looking for a very comprehensive and accredited program at an affordable price.
Can I receive my MBB certification in less than 2 years?
Yes, as long as the certification requirements are complete.
What type of support will I receive while I am enrolled in the MBB Program?
The Executive Director of Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Program is Brent Drever, who is a leading authority in business performance improvement strategies, and has trained and coached thousands of business leaders since the late 1990s. Brent is in contact with all MBB candidates throughout their entire program. In addition, Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During your program, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s easy to access Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
Is Acuity’s MBB Program intended for manufacturing environments?
Where most other Master Black Belt programs are designed for manufacturing operations, Acuity’s program focuses on non-manufacturing operations, such as financial services and healthcare, making this course diverse enough to be applied in a wide variety of industries.
Can Acuity’s Master Black Belt program be completed without traveling for training?
Yes, we offer the most comprehensive online Master Black Belt program that does not require any travel. Many of our competitors require travel to complete their MBB programs.
Is Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Program Accredited?
Yes, our comprehensive Master Black Belt program leads the industry with several accreditations: The Colorado Department of Higher Education, International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), Project Management Institute (PMI), and the Council for Six Sigma Certification. The following are the Master Black Belt continuing education units provided for IACET and PMI.
MASTER BLACK BELT PROGRAM ACCREDITATION
- IACET Continuing Education Units (27.3): Acuity Institute has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences. 27.3 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this program. Includes all units earned from the completion of the required training courses in Part 1 of the MBB Program.
- PMI® Professional Development Units (273): Acuity Institute is an approved provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being a Registered Education Provider allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As a Registered Education Provider, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. 273 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this Program. Includes all units earned from the completion of the required training courses in Part 1 of the MBB Program. PMI® and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Get in touch!
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you!
Or give us a call!