Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Program is the most complete certification package available. It includes 6 months of online course access along with instructor and customer service support; we are your team throughout your program. Also included at no extra cost is the comprehensive Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Simulated Project, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam, Lean Six Sigma Toolkit, and Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course eBook.
This course has been designed to teach Lean Six Sigma fundamentals and its application. It is intended for improvement project team members. Yellow Belt team members form an important part of a mature Lean Six Sigma deployment. As Black Belts and Green Belts begin projects, they will need team members. In this course students are trained and tested on their understanding and ability to apply the tools and techniques of various elements of the Lean Six Sigma methodology. Our aim is to develop the most competent Yellow Belts capable of taking on difficult challenges with ease as Lean Six Sigma team members.
Training is conducted online and uses a multi-media format that includes audio by Lean Six Sigma experts, examples of successful performance improvement, interactive simulations and quizzes, and the most current and robust tools and techniques available. The course is “self-paced” and can be accessed at any time—and—anywhere, which provides the most flexibility in completing the course. On average, students complete the training course in 30 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary).
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is one the most comprehensive in the world. We recommend this course to Project Team Members, Department Leaders and anyone who is interested in taking their Lean Six Sigma knowledge to a deeper level (and not as a green or black belt).
No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Understand Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology
- Understand their role in a successful Lean Six Sigma deployment
- Properly participate on Lean Six Sigma projects
- Apply methods learned in the DMAIC process to business issues
- Characterize the equation y = f(x)
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Package Inclusions
- Online Course Lessons and Quizzes (6 months access)
- Instructor Support (6 months access)
- Simulated Project
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam
- Lean Six Sigma Toolkit
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course eBook
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 3 CEU’s
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 30 PDU’s
- We recommend using a tablet or desktop computer to process your enrollment. If using a smartphone, you can only access our shopping cart by using our Go.Learn app.
Optional ItemPrinted Course Books
- Shipping to a location within the US is included. All other locations will be charged a delivery fee. Only available when combined with the course package, not available to be purchased as standalone items.
Do you have a group?
We have solutions designed for you.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Requirements
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification has 2 parts:
Upon completing these requirements you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification. Certification from Acuity Institute includes a Digital Badge. Acuity Institute has partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide this digital version of your certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam is the standard for Yellow Belt Certification. Upon completing training, students will be required to achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques. The following highlights the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam.
- The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam is included in the program. Students will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam they will be charged a fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will provide areas in the course for the student to review prior to the next exam attempt.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, statistics books, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is keep confidential to Acuity Institute.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Certified Acuity Institute Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
I really enjoyed taking this (Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification) class! The format was easy to follow and allowed me to break it into smaller more manageable chunks. I would highly recommend taking a course through Acuity Institute and I plan on continuing with them to achieve my black belt.
Lessons and Quizzes (6 Months Access)
Course Lessons (6 lessons, 75+ quiz questions and multiple exercises)
|Lesson 1||Lean Six Sigma Introduction -Lean Six Sigma Overview -Lean Six Sigma Improvement Methodologies -Lean Six Sigma Roles|
|Lesson 2||Define Phase -Define Overview -Project Charter -Project Management -Process Definition -Stakeholder Management -Voice of Customer|
|Lesson 3||Measure Phase -Measure Overview -Identify Measures -Data Collection -Describe and Display Data -Baseline Performance|
|Lesson 4||Analyze Phase -Analyze Overview -Root Cause Analysis -Lean Process Analysis -Graphical Analysis -Statistical Analysis -Identify Root Causes|
|Lesson 5||Improve Phase -Improve Overview -Identify and Select Solutions -Financial Impact of Solutions -Risk Planning & Testing -Implement Solution|
|Lesson 6||Control Phase -Control Overview -Process Control -Response Planning -Project Documentation|
Global Campus Tour
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
At Acuity Institute, we recognize that not every individual has the opportunity to complete an actual Lean Six Sigma project while completing training; therefore, we have created a real world simulated project that takes students from the beginning to the end of a problem and solution. The simulated project helps to build the student’s understanding of the concepts taught in training and provides practical application of the tools. Students complete the course better prepared to apply what they have learned in the real world. The simulation is based on a hypothetical company that faces many of the same problems companies are dealing with today. The simulation is designed to illustrate the entire business improvement effort through every phase of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. Students complete 11 challenging exercises which build on previously learned tools and concepts taught in training. When complete, students have a significant perspective on what true business improvement means and a tangible “project story” that they can utilize throughout their process improvement journey. There is no comparison of this simulation in the marketplace today. No other Lean Six Sigma service provider offers a comprehensive project simulation such as ours.
Lean Six Sigma Toolkit
Through our experiences we have assembled the Lean Six Sigma Toolkit. The toolkit assists Lean Six Sigma practitioners in keeping focused on their project work and not creating “templates”. The toolkit includes 17 templates from the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. For ease of use, the templates can be downloaded directly to your computer. The templates are in common formats (MS Word, MS Excel or MS PowerPoint). Included templates: Data Collection Plan, DMAIC Tollgate Presentation, FMEA, Implementation Plan – Detailed, Implementation Plan – High Level, Process Monitoring Plan, Process Value Analysis, Project Charter, Project Storyboard, Quick Win Identification, Response Plan, Sigma Calculator, SIPOC, Solutions Selection Matrix, Standardized Procedures, Team Meeting Agenda, and Team Profile.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course eBook
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the online instructional materials. The eBook includes over 425 pages of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques. The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference. Students can print directly from the eBook. To protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Printed Course Books (Optional)
As an option, students can purchase printed course books. The printed course materials include 2 books containing over 425 pages of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques.
IACET Continuing Education Units (Accreditation)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
3 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Council for Six Sigma Certification
Acuity Institute is accredited as an Approved Registered Provider by the Council for Six Sigma Certification (SSC). SSC reviews each course to ensure the course curriculum, structure and certification requirements meet the standards set forth by the Council’s Body of Knowledge. This accreditation assures each certification includes Lean Six Sigma concepts, tools and techniques considered to be the standard for each belt level within the Council’s Body of Knowledge.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
30 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
In addition to e-learning courses, Acuity Institute offers customized Blended Learning and Traditional Classroom training options for corporations. Acuity’s Blended Learning and Traditional Classroom training approaches are unique in they allow for flexibility while maintaining the integrity of the principles being taught. Our model is based on utilizing expert Master Black Belts and/or Black Belts to facilitate training in a mixture of classroom, workshop, online (Blended Learning), and one-on-one settings.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!