DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION
Acuity Institute’s Design for Six Sigma Certification Course is the most dynamic certification package available. Where many other Design for Six Sigma training programs are intended for manufacturing operations, Acuity’s program focuses on non-manufacturing operations, such as financial services and healthcare, making this course diverse enough to be applied in a wide variety of industries. Our comprehensive program includes 6 months of online course access along with instructor and customer service support. Acuity is your team throughout your program. Also included at no extra cost is the Design for Six Sigma Certification Exam, Design for Six Sigma Toolkit, and Design for Six Sigma Course eBook. Everything you need to become certified in Design for Six Sigma is included in your program. Acuity Institute sets the standard for online training and certification for individuals looking to achieve Design for Six Sigma Certification. While prior Lean Six Sigma experience may be helpful in rapidly deploying Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), there are no prerequisites required for this course.
If you are already a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, or Yellow Belt, and have been using the DMAIC methodology to help existing products or services eliminate waste and improve efficiency, you will find that adding Acuity’s DFSS course to your toolbox is an invaluable skillset to achieve superior results. This course is designed to provide Master Black Belts, Black Belts, Green Belts and Project Leaders the additional tools and concepts necessary to successfully execute DFSS projects.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS/DMADV) methodology, tools, and techniques
- Understand when to use DFSS vs. other improvement methodologies
- Utilize techniques to properly scope DFSS projects
- Understand the key roles for DFSS projects
- Administer Multi-Generational Product Planning
- Administer Quality Functional Deployment (QFD or House of Quality)
- Develop Design Scorecards
- Utilize Benchmarking, Brainstorming and TRIZ tools and concepts
- Design and develop process simulations
- Assess capability of new processes and product designs
- Demonstrate implementation planning techniques
Design For Six Sigma Certification Course Package
- Design For Six Sigma Certification Online Course Lessons, Exercises, and Quizzes (6 months access)
- Instructor Support (6 months access)
- Design For Six Sigma Certification Exam
- Design For Six Sigma Toolkit
- Design For Six Sigma Certification Course eBook
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 3 CEU’s
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 30 PDU’s
- We recommend using a tablet or desktop computer to process your enrollment. If using a smartphone, you can only access our shopping cart by using our Go.Learn app.
Optional ItemPrinted Course Books
- Shipping to a location within the US is included. All other locations will be charged a delivery fee.
- Only available when combined with the course package, not available to be purchased as standalone items.
Finally as a PMP I got 30 PDU to renew my certification.
See you with another training soon.
Thank you Acuity!
DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Acuity Institute’s Design For Six Sigma Certification has 2 parts:
Upon completing these requirements you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Design For Six Sigma Certification. Certification from Acuity Institute includes a Digital Badge. Acuity Institute has partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide this digital version of your certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Acuity Institute’s Design for Six Sigma Certification Exam is the standard for DFSS Certification. Upon completing training, students will be required to achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with DFSS tools and techniques. The following highlights the DFSS Certification Exam.
- The exam is included in the program. Students will have one attempt to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam, they will be charged a fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will provide areas in the course for the student to review prior to the next exam attempt.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of two hours (120 minutes) to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is kept confidential to Acuity Institute.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA ONLINE COURSE LESSONS AND QUIZZES (6 Months Access)
Training is conducted online and uses a multi-media format that includes audio by a Design for Six Sigma expert, examples of successful performance improvement, multiple exercises and quizzes, and the most current and robust tools and techniques available. The course is self-paced and can be accessed at any time – and – anywhere, which provides the most flexibility in completing the course. On average, students complete the course in 30 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary). The course contains 10 Lessons, 40 Quiz Questions, and Multiple Exercises.
|Lesson 1: Introduction to Design for Six Sigma||
|Lesson 2: Define Phase – Part 1||
|Lesson 3: Define Phase – Part 2||
|Lesson 4: Measure Phase – Part 1||
|Lesson 5: Measure Phase – Part 2||
|Lesson 6: Analyze Phase – Part 1||
|Lesson 7: Analyze Phase – Part 2||
|Lesson 8: Design Phase – Part 1||
|Lesson 9: Design Phase – Part 2||
|Lesson 10: Verify Phase||
GLOBAL CAMPUS TOUR
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Student Center. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA TOOLKIT
Included with the program is our comprehensive DFSS Toolkit, which contains templates and tools used throughout the DFSS DMADV process. The toolkit is designed to be used not only during the course, but also becomes an invaluable tool for certified Design for Six Sigma practitioners with ready-to-go templates and vital resources such as an interactive TRIZ Matrix and full QFD. Through our extensive DFSS experience, we have assembled the DFSS Toolkit, which includes the numerous templates.
DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA COURSE eBOOK
The Design for Six Sigma eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the printed instructional materials. The eBook includes over 565 pages of Design for Six Sigma theory, examples, tools and techniques. The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference. Students can print directly from the eBook. To protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA PRINTED COURSE BOOKS (OPTIONAL)
As an option, students can purchase Design for Six Sigma printed course books. The printed course materials include 2 separate books containing over 565 pages of Design for Six Sigma theory, practice exercises, tools and techniques.
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences. 3 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. 30 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Acuity Institute has developed a best-in-class Blended Learning Model that combines our superior online DFSS training course with a facilitated classroom workshop. The blended course delivers an interactive and engaging experience which focuses on yielding business results. We work with you to incorporate your vision, company specific tools, examples, and case studies. The workshop component of training is facilitated by one of Acuity Institute’s expert Master Black Belts. Contact Us with any questions and to learn more about pricing.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Get in touch!
Or give us a call!