Certificate in Management
Successful managers know the importance of building strong relationships with their team members. This certificate equips both new and experienced managers with the skills and resources necessary to foster strong connections, lead change, and resolve potential conflicts. Whether operating in an in-person office environment or a remote work setting, managers will learn practical ways to better coach and motivate their teams.
Through interactive exercises, videos, self-assessments, and case studies, the self-paced courses included in this certificate provide opportunities to practice and apply key management skills. Upon successful completion of all courses in this certificate program, you can download and print a Certificate of Completion. On average, students complete the course in 42 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary).
No prerequisites for this certification.
- Summarize key elements of common HR tasks and the relevance of these tasks in management
- Examine the steps involved in selecting employees
- Identify strategies for onboarding and training employees
- Assess common challenges related to performance management and their potential solutions
- Define emotional intelligence and the significance of emotional intelligence in successful management
- Compare and contrast methods of communication in management settings
- Outline best practices for handling difficult conversations
- Outline best practices for addressing difficult employee behavior
- Define negotiation in management, and the common strategies for successful negotiation
- Examine fundamental management concepts
- Identify the best practices for leading empowered teams
- Name key factors in managing remote workers and remote work settings
- Explain the role of a manager in leading and facilitating change within an organization
- Identify the methods for assessing productivity
Management Certification Package (12 Months Access)
- Includes 12 months to complete. The course is self-paced and can be completed in less time.
- Includes 4.2 CEUs, 39 PMI PDUs, 39 HRCI Credits, 39 SHRM PDCs
Do you have a group?
We have solutions designed for you.
Successful completion of the following:
- Introduction to Management
- Managing People
- Managing Remote Employees
- Communicating Collaboratively
- Leading and Managing Change
- Emotional Intelligence for Managers
- Introduction to Negotiations
- Handling Difficult Employee Behavior
- HR Fundamentals for Managers
- Time Management
Upon completing these requirements, you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Management Certification. Certification from Acuity Institute includes a Digital Badge. Acuity Institute has partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide this digital version of your certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Global Campus Tour
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
IACET Continuing Education Units (Accreditation)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Blended Learning Training
In addition to e-Learning courses, Acuity Institute offers customized Blended Learning training options for corporations.
Acuity’s Blended Learning training combines online training with live, facilitated workshops facilitated by one of Acuity Institute’s leading industry facilitators. This model provides two benefits for your team:
- Reduces the time spent in the classroom, away from other responsibilities
- Provides learner access to the training to learn at their own pace and review the content as often as they need
The live workshops are focused on the practical application of the methodology and tools in the workplace environment. The number of workshops and the schedule for workshops can be modified to meet your team’s needs. Contact our team to learn more about Blended Learning for your team.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!