Applied Statistics Certification
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics Certification program is the most dynamic certification package available. Our comprehensive program includes 6 months of online course access along with instructor and customer service support. Acuity is your team throughout your program. Also included at no extra cost is the Applied Statistics Certification Exam and Applied Statistics Course eBook. Everything you need to become certified in Applied Statistics is included in your program. Acuity Institute sets the standard for training and certification for individuals looking to further their statistics skills. While prior Lean Six Sigma Black Belt experience is recommended, there are no prerequisites required for this course.
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics is an essential course for experienced Lean Six Sigma Practitioners and Project Leaders who want to improve their analytical abilities and achieve superior results. This course is designed to provide Master Black Belts, Black Belts, and experienced Project Leaders the additional statistical tools and concepts necessary to successfully analyze, improve and execute their continuous improvement efforts. Acuity’s curriculum is a dynamic blend of theory and practical application of tools.
Applied Statistics looks at data and the underlying principles in more depth and introduces more advanced tools than Acuity’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course material. This course covers the fundamentals of statistics such as the types of data, populations and samples, spread and stability, location and statistical parameters. It focuses on the impact of variation on decision making and how to use statistics to make good decisions.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Utilize the key principles of statistics
- Utilize data distributions and the principles of probability
- Recognize how to graph data and utilize grouping and analysis techniques
- Describe the principles of good data collection and sampling techniques (discrete and continuous)
- Perform and analyze measurement system studies (MSA)
- Recognize how to understand non-normal data; where it comes from, and how to effectively analyze it
- Perform and interpret regression and correlation analysis
- Construct hypothesis tests and choose the appropriate comparative test
- Recognize how to design and conduct a Design of Experiments (DOE)
Applied Statistics Certification Package Inclusions
- Online Course Lessons, Exercises, and Quizzes (6 months access)
- Instructor Support (6 months access)
- Applied Statistics Data Sets
- Instructor Review of Practical Application
- Applied Statistics Certification Exam
- Applied Statistics Course eBook
- Statistical Analysis Software – SigmaXL
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 7.3 CEU’s
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 73 PDU’s
- The Applied Statistics course is exclusive to Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Program, it is not available for individual enrollment.
Optional ItemPrinted Course Books
- Shipping to a location within the US is included. All other locations will be charged a delivery fee.
- Only available when combined with the course package, not available to be purchased as standalone items.
Do you have a group?
We have solutions designed for you.
Applied Statistics Certification Requirements
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics certification has 4 parts:
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Upon completing Parts 1 – 3, students will be required to achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the Applied Statistics certification exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with the statistical tools and techniques introduced. The following highlights the Applied Statistics Certification Exam.
- The Applied Statistics Certification Exam is included in the program. Students will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam they will be charged a fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will provide areas in the course for the student to review prior to the next exam attempt.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is keep confidential to Acuity Institute.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified Professional, Applied Statistics Certified
I felt that the Applied Statistics certification course was the perfect adjunct to the Black Belt course. It provided an in-depth examination of the form and function of the key concepts and tools germane to determining systems normality, stability , and capability. The design of experiments (DOE) coverage was exceptional and lays a solid foundation for translating mathematical models into process terms for formulating conclusions and recommendations. I will be using the material taught in this course every day to continuously improve the way the Navy operates.
Course Lessons and Quizzes
Introduction to Applied Statistics
Data Collection and Sampling
Normality and Non Normality
Measurement Systems Analysis
Statistical Process Control
Hypothesis Testing Introduction
Correlation and Regression
Introduction to DOE
Blocking, Replicates, Center Points, and Curvature
Planning a DOE
Response Surface Design
Global Campus Tour
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
The Applied Statistics eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the online instructional materials. The eBook includes over 1000 pages of Applied Statistics theory, practice exercises, tools and techniques. The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference. Students can print directly from the eBook. To protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
Printed Course Books (Optional)
As an option, students can purchase the printed course books. The printed course materials include 4 separate books containing over 1000 pages of Applied Statistics theory, practice exercises, tools and techniques.
Printed Course Materials are optional, they are not required. About 35% of our students prefer to have a printed copy of the course materials available as a resource while taking the course and for future reference.
IACET Continuing Education Units (Accreditation)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
7.3 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Council for Six Sigma Certification
Acuity Institute is accredited as an Approved Registered Provider by the Council for Six Sigma Certification (SSC). SSC reviews each course to ensure the course curriculum, structure and certification requirements meet the standards set forth by the Council’s Body of Knowledge. This accreditation assures each certification includes Lean Six Sigma concepts, tools and techniques considered to be the standard for each belt level within the Council’s Body of Knowledge.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
73 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Blended Learning Training
In addition to the Applied Statistics Online training, Acuity Institute offers customized Blended Learning training options for corporations. Acuity Institute’s Blended Learning training approach is unique in that it allows for flexibility while maintaining the integrity of the principles being taught. Our model is based on utilizing expert Master Black Belts to facilitate training in a mixture of online, workshop, practical application, and one-on-one settings.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!