APPLIED STATISTICS CERTIFICATION
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics Certification program is the most dynamic certification package available. Our comprehensive program includes 6 months of online course access along with instructor and customer service support. Acuity is your team throughout your program. Also included at no extra cost is the Applied Statistics Certification Exam and Applied Statistics Course eBook. Everything you need to become certified in Applied Statistics is included in your program. Acuity Institute sets the standard for training and certification for individuals looking to further their statistics skills. While prior Lean Six Sigma Black Belt experience is recommended, there are no prerequisites required for this course.
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics is an essential course for experienced Lean Six Sigma Practitioners and Project Leaders who want to improve their analytical abilities and achieve superior results. This course is designed to provide Master Black Belts, Black Belts, and experienced Project Leaders the additional statistical tools and concepts necessary to successfully analyze, improve and execute their continuous improvement efforts. Acuity’s curriculum is a dynamic blend of theory and practical application of tools.
Applied Statistics looks at data and the underlying principles in more depth and introduces more advanced tools than Acuity’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course material. This course covers the fundamentals of statistics such as the types of data, populations and samples, spread and stability, location and statistical parameters. It focuses on the impact of variation on decision making and how to use statistics to make good decisions.
- Utilize the key principles of statistics
- Utilize data distributions and the principles of probability
- Recognize how to graph data and utilize grouping and analysis techniques
- Describe the principles of good data collection and sampling techniques (discrete and continuous)
- Perform and analyze measurement system studies (MSA)
- Recognize how to understand non-normal data; where it comes from, and how to effectively analyze it
- Perform and interpret regression and correlation analysis
- Construct hypothesis tests and choose the appropriate comparative test
- Recognize how to design and conduct a Design of Experiments (DOE)
Applied Statistics Certification Package Inclusions
- Online Course Lessons, Exercises, and Quizzes (6 months access)
- Instructor Support (6 months access)
- Applied Statistics Data Sets
- Instructor Review of Practical Application
- Applied Statistics Certification Exam
- Applied Statistics Course eBook
- Statistical Analysis Software – SigmaXL
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 7.3 CEU’s
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 73 PDU’s
- The Applied Statistics course is exclusive to Acuity Institute’s Master Black Belt Program, it is not available for individual enrollment.
APPLIED STATISTICS CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics certification has 4 parts:
Part 1: Successfully complete all course lessons and quizzes
Part 2: Successfully complete all practice exercises
Part 3: Successfully complete the practical application exercises
Part 4: Successfully pass the course certification exam
Thoroughly completing each part of the Applied Statistics course takes a total of 73 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary). Throughout each part (detailed below), students will receive superior student support by an Acuity Instructor. In the course material, students will be exposed to the fundamentals of statistics and then challenged to apply their learning through Practice Exercises and Practical Application. Acuity Institute utilizes an experiential approach, expertly blending together the theory and the application. Students will walk away with a vast knowledge of statistics and have the tools and techniques to apply them in a real-life setting. Upon completing the course requirements, you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Applied Statistics Certification. Certification from Acuity Institute includes a Digital Badge. Acuity Institute has partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide this digital version of your certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Part 1: Course Lessons and Quizzes
Complete all the Applied Statistics course lessons and online quizzes (approximately 140 quiz questions total). Please note, the Applied Statistics course differs from some of our other course formats in that the online lessons do not contain any audio voice over from an instructor. In this course, the lessons are online for you to review, however, because the content can be somewhat dense, we have found it to be more beneficial for students to have the opportunity to review the content, absorb the information, take notes, and work through exercises on an individual level and proceed at your own pace.
Part 2: Practice Exercises
Complete all 46 practice exercises.
Part 3: Practical Application Exercises
An important element of thoroughly understanding the key concepts and principles introduced in this course is the ability to demonstrate application beyond the exercises provided. To do this the student will be required to develop practical application examples by using data sets from their own organization or simulated information. The following is a listing of the required tools to be completed in this part: Histogram with Descriptive Statistics, Box Plot, Pareto, Scatter Plot, Discrete Sample Size, Continuous Sample Size, Testing for Normality, Attribute Measurement System Analysis, Variable Gage R&R, Process Capability Analysis, Individuals Control Chart, X-Bar & R Control Chart, P-Chart, U-Chart, Linear Regression, Multiple Linear Regression, 2 Sample t-Test, ANOVA, Chi-Square, and Full Factorial Designed Experiment – or – Fractional Factorial Designed Experiment.
Part 4: Online Certification Exam
Upon completing Parts 1 – 3 above, students will be required to achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the Applied Statistics certification exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with the statistical tools and techniques introduced. The following highlights the Applied Statistics Certification Exam.
- The Applied Statistics Certification Exam is included in the program. Students will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam they will be charged a fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will provide areas in the course for the student to review prior to the next exam attempt.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is keep confidential to Acuity Institute.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
COURSE LESSONS AND QUIZZES
|Lesson 1||Introduction to Applied Statistics
|Lesson 2||Graphical Tools
|Lesson 3||Data Collection and Sampling
|Lesson 4||Normality and Non Normality
|Lesson 5||Measurement Systems Analysis
|Lesson 7||Statistical Process Control
|Lesson 8||Hypothesis Testing Introduction
|Lesson 9||Correlation and Regression
|Lesson 10||Comparative Tests
|Lesson 11||Introduction to DOE
|Lesson 12||Fractional DOE
|Lesson 13||Blocking, Replicates, Center Points, and Curvature
|Lesson 14||Planning a DOE
|Lesson 15||Response Surface Design
GLOBAL CAMPUS TOUR
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Student Center. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
Acuity Institute provides students of this course with a perpetual license (which means it is yours to keep) of SigmaXL statistical analysis software, which is a $299 value. SigmaXL is a leading provider of user friendly Excel Add-ins for statistical and graphical analysis. It is powerful but easy to use software that will enable students the ability to apply statistical and data analysis techniques taught in the Applied Statistics Program.
While the Applied Statistics course is created for use with SigmaXL we recognize that some students may already have another Statistical Analysis Software. We allow students to use other software, but cannot offer them support should they have software related questions.
The Applied Statistics eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the online instructional materials. The eBook includes over 1000 pages of Applied Statistics theory, practice exercises, tools and techniques. The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference. Students can print directly from the eBook. To protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
PRINTED COURSE BOOKS (OPTIONAL)
As an option, students can purchase the printed course books. The printed course materials include 4 separate books containing over 1000 pages of Applied Statistics theory, practice exercises, tools and techniques.
Printed Course Materials are optional, they are not required. About 35% of our students prefer to have a printed copy of the course materials available as a resource while taking the course and for future reference.
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences. 7.3 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. 73 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
In addition to the Applied Statistics Online training, Acuity Institute offers customized Blended Learning training options for corporations. Acuity Institute’s Blended Learning training approach is unique in that it allows for flexibility while maintaining the integrity of the principles being taught. Our model is based on utilizing expert Master Black Belts to facilitate training in a mixture of online, workshop, practical application, and one-on-one settings.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!