Agile Project Management Certification (APMC™)
Acuity Institute’s Agile Project Management certification is completely self-paced (no travel required) which provides the most flexibility in completing the curriculum around your already busy schedule. The course includes several modules, challenging practical application, and superior support from Acuity Institute Experts. No prerequisites are required for this certification. On average, students complete the course in 30 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary).
Agile Project Management Certification from Acuity Institute has both technical expertise and is adept at leading agile project teams. As the expert of Agile and Scrum values, principles, and practices, you will be equipped to serve as a Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager. This certification is evidence of the successful demonstration of the necessary skills and knowledge that are required to be effective in either role. Students earn the APMCTM credential upon completion.
No prerequisites for this certification.
- Introduction to Agile
- Challenges Leading Agile Teams
- Integrating Agile in a Waterfall Environment
- Principles of Scrum
- Compare and contrast multiple project management methodologies
- Assess the benefits and challenges of Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Identify strategies for promoting team development and collaboration
- Evaluate key components of Agile integration and assess implementation processes
- Apply problem-solving strategies to overcome project challenges
- Examine different methods for communicating project progress
Agile Project Management Online Certification Course Pricing
- Includes 12 months to complete. The course is self-paced and can be completed in less time.
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 3 CEU’s
- We recommend using a tablet or desktop computer to process your enrollment. If using a smartphone, you can only access our shopping cart by using our Go.Learn app.
Do you have a group?
We have solutions designed for you.
Course Certification Requirements
Upon completing these requirements, you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Agile Project Management Certification.
- Successful completion of Introduction to Agile module
- Successful completion of Principles of Scrum module
- Successful completion of Challenges Leading Agile Teams module
- Successful completion of Integrating Agile in a Waterfall Environment module
- Successful completion of Agile Project Management Professional Certification Exam
Upon completing these requirements, you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Agile Project Management Certification (APMC™). Certification from Acuity Institute includes a Digital Badge. Acuity Institute has partnered with Credly’s Acclaim platform to provide this digital version of your certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Benefits to claiming your digital badge include:
- Easily share your digital badge on social and professional media, link to it from any email or document, add it to an email signature, and embed it in a blog or website
- Your certification can be verified online in real time with just one click
- Access labor market insights that relate your skills to jobs
Upon completing training, students will be required to achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with Agile tools and techniques. The following highlights the exam.
- The exam is included in the course. Students will have 2 attempts to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam, they will be charged a fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will provide areas in the course for the student to review prior to the next exam attempt.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 1 hour to complete the exam.
- Once the exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is keep confidential to Acuity Institute.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Global Campus Tour
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
IACET Continuing Education Units (Accreditation)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Blended Learning Training
In addition to e-Learning courses, Acuity Institute offers customized Blended Learning training options for corporations.
Acuity’s Blended Learning training combines online training with live, facilitated workshops facilitated by one of Acuity Institute’s leading industry facilitators. This model provides two benefits for your team:
- Reduces the time spent in the classroom, away from other responsibilities
- Provides learner access to the training to learn at their own pace and review the content as often as they need
The live workshops are focused on the practical application of the methodology and tools in the workplace environment. The number of workshops and the schedule for workshops can be modified to meet your team’s needs. Contact our team to learn more about Blended Learning for your team.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!