Beyond our world class training courses and expert staff, Acuity Institute is recognized as a qualified institution of higher education, which validates our commitment to the standards for educational quality. Acuity Institute holds a number of accreditations and approvals. What does it mean for our organization and for our students?
Colorado Department of Higher Education
Acuity Institute was approved and active status began in 2009. A renewal occurs every 2 years. This approval focuses on the operations of Acuity Institute as a school.
Acuity Institute is an approved Private Occupational School through the Colorado Department of Higher Education. Acuity Institute meets the standard requirements which include:
- Bonding and Insurance compliance
- Organizational maturity and legal organization compliance
- State safety standards compliance
- Standardization of course offerings and certification requirements and compliance of state standards
- Instructor qualifications and selection processes and compliance of state standards
- Reporting and certification processes and compliance of state standards
The International Association for Continuing Education and Training
Acuity Institute was approved and active status began in 2008. A renewal occurs every 5 years. This accreditation focuses on the quality of Acuity Institute programs.
Acuity Institute is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). IACET reviews all of Acuity’s processes for planning and delivery of our courses. IACET focuses on ensuring that our courses are based on explicitly identified learning outcomes and the delivery of the learning outcomes is achieved. With this accreditation, our courses are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Acuity Institute meets the standard requirements which includes:
|Title||What does it mean?|
|Category 1||Continuing Education and Training Organization||We have a designated education and training group responsible for administering our programs|
|Category 2||Responsibility and Control||We have an established system for compliance with IACET Standards|
|Category 3||The Learning Environment and Support Systems||Our learning environments and support system reflects the intent/learning outcomes of the programs and the programs achieve the learning outcomes|
|Category 4||Learning Event Planning||We base our programs on identified needs of the target audiences|
|Category 5||Learning Outcomes||Learning outcomes are based on identified needs and they are clearly provided to learners|
|Category 6||Planning and Instructional Personnel||We have qualified personnel planning and conducting our programs|
|Category 7||Content and Instructional Methods||Our methods are appropriate for each program|
|Category 8||Assessment of Learning Outcomes||We have established methods to assess achievement of learning outcomes|
The Project Management Institute®
Acuity Institute was approved and active status began in 2011. The renewal occurs annually. This accreditation focuses on the quality of Acuity Institute’s programs and how they align with the PMI® Global Standards.
Acuity Institute is approved as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) by the Project Management Institute®. PMI® reviews each of our courses to ensure quality course design, delivery and content. They also review the content of each course to determine if it is consistent with PMI® Global Standards in the PMBOK® Guide Book. With this approval our courses are eligible for Professional Development Units (PDUs). Acuity Institute meets the PMI® provider standards which include:
- Show organizational maturity and be a legal organization offering project management training for at least one year
- Provide evidence of quality product design, delivery and content
- Show that course content is consistent with the PMBOK® Guide and the PMI® global standards or offers differing or new concepts that are clearly indicated as such in marketing and instructional materials
- Properly award PDUs for course completion
- Offer proper R.E.P. marketing representation
Council for Six Sigma Certification
Acuity Institute was approved and active status began in 2015. This accreditation assures each certification includes Lean Six Sigma concepts, tools and techniques considered to be the standard for each belt level within the Council’s Body of Knowledge.
Acuity Institute is accredited as an Approved Registered Provider by the Council for Six Sigma Certification (SSC). SSC reviews each course to ensure the course curriculum, structure and certification requirements meet the standards set forth by the Council’s Body of Knowledge. These standards include:
- Minimum number of hours of training
- Qualified instructors and curriculum developers that meet the defined standards for each belt level
- Instructor support meets the defined standards for each belt level
- Testing includes comprehension of the full Body of Knowledge for each respective student
- Project requirements meet the defined standards for each belt level
Association for Change Management Professionals
Acuity Institute was approved as a QEP beginning in 2015. This approval focuses on the quality of Acuity Institute’s Change Management Certification program and how it aligns with the ACMP Standard for Change Management©.
Acuity Institute is approved as a Qualified Education Provider (QEP) for the Association for Change Management Professionals. The QEP status signals that our Change Management course was reviewed and that it aligns with the ACMP’s Standard for Change Management© (The Standard) and adult education best practices. The Standard includes:
- Establishes a common understanding of the discipline of change management to help leaders and practitioners achieve and sustain change objectives.
- Outlines generally accepted practices, processes, tasks and activities used by change management practitioners across multiple roles, organizations and industries.
- Provides a clear and consistent vocabulary of essential change management terminology.
- Offers guidance for organizational change management for any type of change.
- Supports organization decision making regarding change management resources.
For our students seeking ACMP’s Certified Change Management Professional™ (CCMP™) accreditation, taking our QEP course will ensure a quicker review process for your application as well as help you prepare for the related CCMP exam.