LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT CERTIFICATION
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Program is the most complete certification package available. It includes 6 months of online course access along with instructor and customer service support; we are your team throughout your program. Also included at no extra cost is the comprehensive Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Simulated Project, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam, Lean Six Sigma Toolkit, and Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course eBook.
This course has been designed to teach Lean Six Sigma fundamentals and its application. It is intended for improvement project team members. Yellow Belt team members form an important part of a mature Lean Six Sigma deployment. As Black Belts and Green Belts begin projects, they will need team members. In this course students are trained and tested on their understanding and ability to apply the tools and techniques of various elements of the Lean Six Sigma methodology. Our aim is to develop the most competent Yellow Belts capable of taking on difficult challenges with ease as Lean Six Sigma team members.
Training is conducted online and uses a multi-media format that includes audio by Lean Six Sigma experts, examples of successful performance improvement, interactive simulations and quizzes, and the most current and robust tools and techniques available. The course is “self-paced” and can be accessed at any time – and – anywhere, which provides the most flexibility in completing the course. On average, students complete the training course in 30 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary).
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is one the most comprehensive in the world. We recommend this course to Project Team Members, Department Leaders and anyone who is interested in taking their Lean Six Sigma knowledge to a deeper level (and not as a green or black belt).
- Understand Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology
- Understand their role in a successful Lean Six Sigma deployment
- Properly participate on Lean Six Sigma projects
- Apply methods learned in the DMAIC process to business issues
- Characterize the equation y = f(x)
LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE PACKAGE
Course Package Inclusions
- Online Course Lessons and Quizzes (6 months access)
- Instructor Support (6 months access)
- Simulated Project
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam
- Lean Six Sigma Toolkit
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course eBook
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 3 CEU’s
- PMI Professional Development Units: 30 PDU’s
Optional ItemPrinted Course Books
- Shipping to a location within the US is included. All other locations will be charged a delivery fee.
- Only available when combined with the course package, not available to be purchased as standalone items.
LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification has 2 parts:
Upon completing these requirements you will be awarded Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification.
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam is the standard for Yellow Belt Certification. Upon completing training, students will be required to achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques. The following highlights the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam.
- The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam is included in the program. Students will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam they will be charged a fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will provide areas in the course for the student to review prior to the next exam attempt.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, statistics books, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is keep confidential to Acuity Institute.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Online Training Courses
- Windows – one of the following web browsers (noted version or later): Internet Explorer 6, Google Chrome, Firefox 1.5, Safari 3, Opera 9.5 (Internet Explorer or Firefox is highly recommended)
- Macintosh – one of the following web browsers (noted version or later): Firefox 1.5, Safari 3 (Firefox is highly recommended)
- A computer with Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later (this is required for the statistical analysis software)
- A computer with Microsoft Office 2003 or higher (required to utilize the Lean Six Sigma Toolkit templates and SigmaXL)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on the computer (speakers or headphones)
- Adobe Reader (free software)
- Adobe Flash Player (free software)
LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT ONLINE COURSE LESSONS AND QUIZZES (6 Months Access)
Course Lessons (6 lessons, 75+ quiz questions and multiple exercises)
|Lesson 1||Lean Six Sigma Introduction
-Lean Six Sigma Overview
-Lean Six Sigma Improvement Methodologies
-Lean Six Sigma Roles
|Lesson 2||Define Phase
-Voice of Customer
|Lesson 3||Measure Phase
-Describe and Display Data
|Lesson 4||Analyze Phase
-Root Cause Analysis
-Lean Process Analysis
-Identify Root Causes
|Lesson 5||Improve Phase
-Identify and Select Solutions
-Financial Impact of Solutions
-Risk Planning & Testing
|Lesson 6||Control Phase
GLOBAL CAMPUS TOUR
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Student Center. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
At Acuity Institute, we recognize that not every individual has the opportunity to complete an actual Lean Six Sigma project while completing training; therefore, we have created a real world simulated project that takes students from the beginning to the end of a problem and solution. The simulated project helps to build the student’s understanding of the concepts taught in training and provides practical application of the tools. Students complete the course better prepared to apply what they have learned in the real world.
The simulation is based on a hypothetical company that faces many of the same problems companies are dealing with today. The simulation is designed to illustrate the entire business improvement effort through every phase of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. Students complete 11 challenging exercises which build on previously learned tools and concepts taught in training. When complete, students have a significant perspective on what true business improvement means and a tangible “project story” that they can utilize throughout their process improvement journey.
There is no comparison of this simulation in the marketplace today. No other Lean Six Sigma service provider offers a comprehensive project simulation such as ours.
LEAN SIX SIGMA TOOLKIT
Through our experiences we have assembled the Lean Six Sigma Toolkit. The toolkit assists Lean Six Sigma practitioners in keeping focused on their project work and not creating “templates”. The toolkit includes 17 templates from the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. For ease of use, the templates can be downloaded directly to your computer. The templates are in common formats (MS Word, MS Excel or MS PowerPoint). Included templates: Data Collection Plan, DMAIC Tollgate Presentation, FMEA, Implementation Plan – Detailed, Implementation Plan – High Level, Process Monitoring Plan, Process Value Analysis, Project Charter, Project Storyboard, Quick Win Identification, Response Plan, Sigma Calculator, SIPOC, Solutions Selection Matrix, Standardized Procedures, Team Meeting Agenda, and Team Profile.
LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT COURSE eBOOK
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the online instructional materials. The eBook includes over 425 pages of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques. The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference. Students can print directly from the eBook. To protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT PRINTED COURSE BOOKS (OPTIONAL)
As an option, students can purchase printed course books. The printed course materials include 2 books containing over 425 pages of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques.
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences. 3 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Acuity Institute is an approved provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Being a Registered Education Provider allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As a Registered Education Provider, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI established quality assurance criteria. 30 PMI Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
In addition to e-learning courses, Acuity Institute offers customized Blended Learning and Traditional Classroom training options for corporations. Acuity’s Blended Learning and Traditional Classroom training approaches are unique in they allow for flexibility while maintaining the integrity of the principles being taught. Our model is based on utilizing expert Master Black Belts and/or Black Belts to facilitate training in a mixture of classroom, workshop, online (Blended Learning), and one-on-one settings.