PROJECT MANAGEMENT MASTERY CERTIFICATION
Organizations throughout the world are relying on the execution of projects to help them succeed in today’s global economy and what they have discovered is that they need to manage projects with more efficiency and effectiveness. This is why highly skilled Project Managers are in great demand because they know how to improve a project’s success while reducing risks and costs. Projects that are executed well help to strengthen the bottom line for the organization but with every successful project completed, Project Managers also strengthen their own value. The first step in getting the edge on your peers begins with attaining quality training that will truly set you apart as a Project Manager.
Acuity Institute has partnered with Brain Sensei, a leading provider of Project Management training, to provide a unique opportunity to gain the necessary skills to master Project Management. This course has been designed to provide the fundamentals of initiating, planning and executing a project and then expands your skills to the next level by ensuring you can successfully monitor and control a project and effectively close it out. Acuity’s Project Management Mastery course can give you a competitive edge by equipping you to deliver successful projects that are strategically aligned to the organization’s objectives. By implementing strong metrics and measurable goals, you will find that you deliver superior projects that can positively impact processes throughout your entire organization.
This course provides comprehensive Project Management training and allows students to obtain the skills needed to move directly into the workplace as a Project Manager. For those who intend to obtain their CAPM® and/or PMP® certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI®) this course fulfills the educational requirements needed and fully prepares you for PMI’s® respective exams. PMP® and CAPM® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. No prerequisites are required for this course.
The Project Management Mastery course consists of two parts. Part 1 includes 5 highly interactive modules that incorporate a unique storytelling aspect to help reinforce the concepts taught in each section. This refreshing approach to training takes you through each stage of a project providing you with the skills, tools and techniques needed to adequately manage projects in each phase. At the culmination of this phase, you will earn your Project Management Mastery certification and can immediately move on to managing projects in a workplace environment. For those who wish to take the CAPM® exam through PMI®, the 23 PDUs earned at the end of Part 1 fulfills the educational requirement to take this exam.
Part 2 of the course is intended for those who wish to take the PMP® exam through PMI®. There is a preparatory lesson that begins this part which focuses on Role Delineation Study (RDS) and the exam details for the PMP® exam. After this, you will have the opportunity to go through 4 separate practice exams which include questions similar to what you will find on the PMP® exam. Each practice exam contains feedback to allow you to continue to learn through the studying process. At the culmination of this phase you will earn an additional 12 PDUs which will have earned you a total of 35 PDUs to fulfill the educational requirement to be eligible for the PMP® exam.
Both Project Management Mastery and the Exam Preparation includes six months of online course access along with instructor and customer service support; we are your team throughout your program.
Training is conducted online and uses a multi-media format that follows a story with examples of a successful project, exercises and quizzes. The course is “self-paced” and can be accessed at any time – and – anywhere, which provides the most flexibility in completing the course. On average, students complete the Project Management Mastery course in 23 hours and can complete the PMP® Exam Preparation part in 12 hours for a total of 35 hours of learning time (average completion time, actual time may vary).
- Understand the fundamentals of Project Management
- Describe the processes from initiating to closing a project
- Identify the roles and responsibilities within a project
- Explain how Project Management fits in an organization
- Obtain the right project authorizations
- Establish the scope of the project
- Complete the work defined in the Project Management plan
- Deliver the project objectives
- Track, review, and regulate project progress and performance
- Identify areas that require changes to the plan
- Finalize all activities to formally close the project
- Prepare for the Project Management Institute’s CAPM® and/or PMP® exams
PROJECT MANAGEMENT MASTERY ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE PACKAGE(6 MONTHS ACCESS)
- Part 1: Project Management Mastery Certification
- Online Course Lessons and Quizzes
- Instructor Support
- Engaging Storyline
- Downloadable Resources
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 23 PDU’s
- Part 2: PMI® CAPM® or PMP® Exam Preparation
- Online Course Lesson
- Instructor Support
- 4 Practice Exams
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 12 PDU’s
- TOTAL PMI® Professional Development Units for Parts 1 and 2: 35 PDU’s Total
PROJECT MANAGEMENT MASTERY CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Acuity Institute’s Project Management program includes 2 certifications:
- Project Management Mastery: Complete the Online Lessons and Quizzes inside the Project Management Mastery portion of the course (see Online Course Lessons and Quizzes below for additional detail) to obtain your official Project Management Mastery Certification. This course also enables you to take the CAPM® exam through PMI®.
- PMP® Exam Preparation: Complete the PMP® Exam Preparation lesson and successfully pass the 4 PMP® practice exams to obtain a second certification stating that in addition to completing the Project Management Mastery course you’ve also completed the PMP® Exam Preparation course.
Please note that these certifications are packaged together as the Project Management Mastery Certification Package. They are not available to be purchased individually. If you are interested in taking the practice exams, you will need to complete the Project Management Mastery course first, however, the PMP® Exam Preparation portion is not required to be completed unless you intend to take the PMP® Certification Exam through PMI®.
PROJECT MASTERY CERTIFICATION EXAM
The Project Management Mastery Certification program contains a separate section (part 2) dedicated to those who are pursuing PMI® Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification. Upon completing the Project Management Mastery training, students will have access to the second portion of the program that focuses on exam preparation.
- Each of the 4 PMP® Practice Exams require a score of 80% or higher to be considered passing. Each exam contains realistic questions that mimic the actual PMP® exam questions.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, statistics books, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 4 hours to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students may continue to retake these exams as many times as they would like to help them study and prepare.
Download the CAPM® or PMP® handbooks from PMI’s® website for detailed certification requirements. At a high-level, CAPM® and PMP® require 21 and 35 hours of Project Management training respectively. By completing this 35-hour program (parts 1 and 2), you will be able to meet that requirement. There are no work experience requirements for the CAPM® credential. The PMP® credential requires three years of actual Project Management experience in the past eight years if you have a bachelor’s degree. Otherwise, you’ll need five years. After meeting the education and training requirements, you can apply to PMI® to take the respective exams.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high-speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
- If your browser does not support HTML5 (which most browsers do), the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player is required (free software)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Online resources to help with each stage of Project Management
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
PROJECT MANAGEMENT MASTERY ONLINE COURSE LESSONS AND QUIZZES (6 Months Access)
Part 1: Project Management Mastery Certification
|Module 101||Initiating a Project |
– Initiating process group
– Develop the project charter
– Identify the stakeholders
|Module 102||Planning a Project |
– Planning process group
– Scope baseline
– Activities and costs
– Schedule and cost baselines
– Project Management plan
|Module 103||Executing a Project |
– Executing process group
– Project work
– Quality assurance
– Project team
– Communication management
– Procurement management
– Stakeholder management
|Module 104||Monitoring and Controlling a Project |
– Monitoring and controlling process group
– Work performance data
– Change control
– Risk management
– Quality control
– Scope validation
|Module 105||Closing a Project |
– Closing process group
Part 2 – CAPM® or PMP® Exam Preparation
|Module 106||PMP® Exam Prep |
– CAPM® or PMP® Exam Preparation
– Role Delineation Study (RDS)
– Exam details
|Practice Exam 1||PMP® Practice Exam|
|Practice Exam 2||PMP® Practice Exam|
|Practice Exam 3||PMP® Practice Exam|
|Practice Exam 4||PMP® Practice Exam|
GLOBAL CAMPUS TOUR
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT MASTERY RESOURCES
Through our experiences we have assembled a set of Templates and Resources to help you in your Project Management application. You will receive 9 tools and templates that are yours to keep and use in the workplace environment. Along with these tools, you will also receive a directory of over 40 direct links to sites that contain additional tools and information for Project Management. This handy resource guide saves you time by providing some of the best tools and sites available for Project Management and can prove to be an invaluable asset when you begin running your own projects.
Acuity Institute and Brain Sensei are both approved providers of Project Management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Being a Registered Education Providers allows Acuity Institute and Brain Sensei to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As a Registered Education Provider, Acuity Institute and Brain Sensei have agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. 35 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this program. PMI® and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Get in touch!
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you!
Or give us a call!