Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher Course
Are you a Green Belt but it has been a while since you led a project?
If it has been a while since you used your certification this course is for you. Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher Course is designed to reacquaint previously certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belts with the essential tools used when leading Lean Six Sigma DMAIC projects. This comprehensive program includes 6 months of online access to 30 microlearnings focused on the key DMAIC deliverable and concepts and our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project simulation. In addition, students receive a copy of Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma toolkit and full version of Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course eBook.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher course has been designed to reacquaint participants on the Lean Six Sigma fundamentals and its application and is intended for previously certified Green Belts looking to recertify and/or return to executing Lean Six Sigma project. Students are trained and tested on their understanding and ability to apply the tools and techniques of all elements of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology.
Training is conducted online and uses a multi-media format that includes audio by Lean Six Sigma experts, examples of successful performance improvement, interactive simulations and quizzes, and the most current and robust tools and techniques available. The course is “self-paced” and can be accessed at any time – and – anywhere, which provides the most flexibility in completing the course. On average, students complete the course in 25 hours (average completion time, actual time may vary).
Upon completion, students will be able to move seamlessly from the training environment back into the workplace and begin leading Lean Six Sigma projects. We recommend this course to previously certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt that have not been leading projects and apply the related tools and are looking to refresh these skills.
An existing Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a prerequisite required for this course.
Learners will be required to submit the proof of their existing Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification as part of the first assignment of the course. Learners who don’t have the required certification will be unenrolled from the course and have their course fees fully refunded. For questions, reach out to email@example.com.
- Apply the Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology to a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project
- Apply methods learned in the DMAIC process to business issues
- Apply statistical analysis to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs
- Characterize the equation y = f(x)
- Navigate statistical analysis software (SigmaXL or Minitab)
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher Course Package
- 30 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Online Microlearnings (6 months access)
- Instructor Support (6 months access)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Simulated Project (32 exercises)
- Lean Six Sigma Toolkit (an entire set of tools and templates used throughout the DMAIC process)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course eBook (a downloadable reference book that does not expire)
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 2.5 CEU’s
- PMI Professional Development Units: 25 PDU’s
Optional ItemSigmaXL Statistical Software
- Purchase of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher course is required.
Optional ItemLean Six Sigma Green Belt Printed Course Books
- Shipping to a location within the US is included. All other locations will be charged a delivery fee.
- Only available when combined with the course package, not available to be purchased as standalone items.
Optional ItemRe-Certification Exam
- 2-Hour Recertification Online Exam
- Upon completion, the student will receive Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from Acuity Institute.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher course is a prerequisite for this exam.
Do you have a group?
We have solutions designed for you.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher Online Microlearnings (6 Months Access)
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher Course includes 30 microlearnings. Each microlearning includes instructional content, a video, and an interactive exercise. Each microlearning takes just 5-10 minutes to complete. The microlearning format is designed to refresh learners and help them to assess their understanding of the tool or concept. If learners desire additional training on any of the Green Belt tools and concepts, the complete Lean Six Sigma Green Belt eBook is included with the program.
|1. Lean Six Sigma and Lean||11. Y=f(x)||21. Lean Concepts – 5S|
|2. DMAIC Overview||12. Discrete vs Continuous Data||Statistical Relationship & Analysis|
|3. Lean Six Sigma and its||13. Histograms||23. Improve Phase Overview|
|4. Define Phase Overview||14. Run Charts||24. Solution Selection Matrix|
|5. Project Charters||15. Control Charts and Variation||25. Piloting|
|6. Defining the Process – SIPOC||16. Interpreting Process Capability||26. FMEA|
|7. Defining the Process- Process Maps||17. Analyze Phase Overview||27. Implementation Planning|
|8. CTQ’s||18. Root Cause Analysis Tools||28. Control Phase and the Project Finish Line|
|9. Communicating about your project and Stakeholder Management||19. Graphical Analysis – Pareto Charts||29. Performance Management and Process Monitoring|
|10. Measure Phase Overview||20. Lean Concepts – Lean Process Analysis & Waste||30. Response Planning|
Global Campus Tour
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
We realize that it may have been a while since you led a project or used many of these tools. Therefore, we provide you with access to our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt simulated project that takes students from the beginning to the end of a problem and solution. The simulated project provides students the opportunity to apply 32 of the key DMAIC deliverables in an end-to-end DMAIC project simulation. Students complete the course better prepared to resume leading projects in the real world.
The simulated project includes a robust data set and step-by-step instructions for the completion of the graphical and statistical data deliverables in both SigmaXL and Minitab statistical software. If needed, students can purchase SigmaXL Statistical Software from Acuity Institute for an additional fee.
The simulated project is estimated to take 30 hours to complete.
Lean Six Sigma Toolkit
Through our experiences we have assembled the Lean Six Sigma Toolkit, which is one of the most complete and user friendly set of templates available. The toolkit assists Lean Six Sigma practitioners in keeping focused on their project work and not creating “templates”. The toolkit includes 31 templates from the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. For ease of use, the templates can be downloaded directly to your computer and are yours to keep and utilize in future projects. The templates have been developed in common formats such as MS Word, MS Excel, or MS PowerPoint).
Included templates: 5 Whys, Communication Plan, CTQ Chart, Dashboard Measurement Plan, Data Collection Plan, DMAIC Project Plan, DMAIC Tollgate Presentation, FMEA, Force Field Diagram, Implementation Plan – Detailed, Implementation Plan – High Level, Pilot Plan, Process Monitoring Plan, Process Value Analysis, Project Charter, Project Storyboard, Quick Win Identification, Response Plan, Sigma Calculator, SIPOC, Solutions Benefits and Implications, Solutions Prioritization Matrix, Solutions Selection Matrix, Stakeholder Identification, Stakeholder Management Plan, Stakeholder Map, Standardized Procedures, Team Meeting Agenda, Team Profile, VOC Research Plan, and XY Matrix.
Statistical Analysis Software (Optional)
SigmaXL is a leading provider of statistical software. It is user-friendly Excel Add-ins for statistical and graphical analysis. It is powerful but easy to use software that will enable students the ability to apply statistical and data analysis techniques taught in the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program. Acuity Institute provides a full version (perpetual license), which means it is yours to keep for use on future projects.
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt simulated project includes the step-by-step instructions for the completion of the graphical and statistical data deliverables in both SigmaXL and Minitab statistical software.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course eBook
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt eBook (electronic copy) contains much of the same content as the online instructional materials. The eBook includes over 1,100 pages of Lean Six Sigma statistics, project management, process management, lean, change management tools and techniques, and Acuity Institute’s world-class simulated project.
The eBook is fully searchable and contains many links to assist students in quickly navigating to key tools and concepts. The eBook allows students the ability to capture notes and comments within the eBook for future reference as this valuable tool does not expire and is yours to keep. Students can print directly from the eBook, however, to protect the electronic intellectual property of the course content, students will not be able to copy from the eBook.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Printed Course Books (Optional)
As an option, students can purchase printed course books. The printed course materials include 6 separate books containing over 1,400 pages of Lean Six Sigma statistics, project management, process management, lean, change management tools and techniques, and Acuity Institute’s world-class simulated project.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Re-Certification Exam (Optional)
Acuity Institute’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam is the standard for refreshing Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification. Students must achieve a passing mark of 80% or higher on the exam. The exam is intended to validate student proficiency with Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques at a Green Belt level. The following highlights the exam.
- The exam is an optional fee that can be added to the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Refresher course. Students will have 2 attempts to successfully pass the exam (80% or higher). If a student does not pass the exam, they can pay a retake fee of $25 if they choose to retake the exam. Upon submitting the retake fee, Acuity Institute will reset your exam for an additional two attempts.
- The exam is administered online. Students will need to have an active internet connection to complete the exam.
- The exam is open book. Students may use any reference materials to complete the exam (training manuals, project materials, statistics books, etc.).
- Students have a maximum of 4 hours to complete the exam.
- Once the entire exam is complete, the student will be notified immediately if they passed the exam. Students will not have access to their answers; this information is kept confidential to Acuity Institute.
IACET Continuing Education Units (Accreditation)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
2.5 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Council for Six Sigma Certification
Acuity Institute is accredited as an Approved Registered Provider by the Council for Six Sigma Certification (SSC). SSC reviews each course to ensure the course curriculum, structure and certification requirements meet the standards set forth by the Council’s Body of Knowledge. This accreditation assures each certification includes Lean Six Sigma concepts, tools and techniques considered to be the standard for each belt level within the Council’s Body of Knowledge.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
25 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!