HR Skills™ Best Practices Certificate™
The heart of every organization is the employees within it, and at its core, that’s what human resource is all about – people. The HR Skills™ Best Practices certificate is intended for organizational leaders, managers, supervisors and HR professionals that desire to improve the interpersonal skills that increase performance, reduce turnover, increase retention and promote job satisfaction.
This is not test prep—the goal of HR Skills™ is to provide leaders and teams with the core skills and practices to foster better connections, communicate effectively, provide useful feedback, and navigate difficult situations. This certificate does carry recertification credits for HRCI® and SHRM®.
The HR Skills™ Best Practices certificate includes modules that are completely online and self-paced, which provides the most flexibility in completing the curriculum. No prerequisites are required for this HR Skills™ certificate. Modules include engaging videos, assignments, exercises, and review checkpoints.
The learner must complete all modules associated in order to receive their badge and completion certificate. On average, students complete the certificate in 17 hours, each module is approximately 2 hours in length (average completion time, actual time may vary).
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Part 1: HR Skills™ Coaching course and exam
Part 2: HR Skills™ Progressive Discipline course and exam
Part 3: HR Skills™ Performance Evaluation and SMART Goals course and exam
Part 4: HR Skills™ Conflict Resolution course and exam
Part 5: HR Skills™ Handling Difficult Conversations course and exam
Part 6: HR Skills™ Communication and HR course and exam
Part 7: HR Skills™ Leadership and HR course and exam
Part 8: HR Skills™ Problem Solving course and exam
- Summarize the GROW model for coaching
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting
- Explain the relationship between SMART goals and performance evaluation
- Describe how HR professionals can implement and support progressive discipline
- Describe the role of HR in conflict resolution
- Describe strategies for resolving and mediating conflict
- Apply communication strategies to your work in HR
- Identify HR’s role in strategic planning
- Explain how HR leads change within an organization
- Express HR’s role in creating a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Identify how HR fosters talent and leadership development
- Recognize the importance of HR in ethical leadership
- Define values-based leadership and explain how it works
- Demonstrate critical thinking when solving problems
- Apply the five steps of problem-solving to real-world HR issues
HR Skills™ Best Practices Certificate
- Includes 12 months to complete. The course is self-paced and can be completed in less time.
- IACET Continuing Education Units: 1.7 CEUs
- PMI® Professional Development Units: 17 PDU’s
Do you have a group?
We have solutions designed for you.
Upon successfully completing these modules, you will be awarded the HR Skills™ Best Practices certificate. A module will be considered complete when the participant has done all assignments, exercises, review checkpoints, and has received at least a 70% on the exam.
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Coaching module and exam
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Progressive Discipline module and exam
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Performance Evaluation and SMART Goals module and exam
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Conflict Resolution module and exam
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Handling Difficult Conversations module and exam
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Communication and HR module and exam
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Leadership and HR module and exam
- Successful completion of HR Skills™ Problem Solving module and exam
Upon completing these requirements, you will be awarded the HR Skills™ Best Practices certificate, which includes a Digital Badge and certificate.
What is a Digital Badge?
A digital badge is a verified graphic representation of your Acuity certificate. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, and details of the certification you earned. The digital badge is provided at no cost to you.
Technical Requirements for accessing Acuity Institute’s Content
Viewing Online Content on a Desktop or Laptop
- Internet Browser – Most recent version of Google Chrome is recommended (while our content is accessible from many other browsers, we find that other browsers may provide an inconsistent viewing experience)
- A high speed internet connection
- Sound capability on your computer (speakers or headphones)
Viewing Online Content on Tablets and Smartphones – Please note, since tablets and smartphones typically have smaller screens, certain content may be difficult to view
- iPads using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPad generation 3 or later is required)
- iPhones using Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later (iPhone generation 5 or later is required)
Accessing Downloadable Content
- Course eBooks – Adobe Reader (free software), or equivalent PDF viewing software
- Course Toolkit Templates – Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Using SigmaXL Statistical Analysis Software – Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and and Excel 2016 (Excel 365) with latest service packs installed, this includes Microsoft Vista with Service Pack (SP) 3, or later operating system (Windows 10 compatible). 1 GB of RAM or greater memory and 100 MB of available hard-disk space on your computer.
Global Campus Tour
Take a tour of our online global campus and learn more about the benefits of our online training.
Acuity Institute wants the learning experience to be as supportive and engaging as possible, we are here to help you succeed. We understand the importance of having a place to ask questions to the experts about tools and techniques, exercises, project work or general technical support. During training, students can submit questions to instructors through Acuity Institute’s Help Desk and the Student Forum. Responses are provided to student questions in one business day or less. If questions and/or answers are complex, an Acuity Institute instructor will schedule a one-on-one phone meeting with the student to review the question/answer.
IACET Continuing Education Units (Accreditation)
Acuity Institute has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Acuity Institute has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standards which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of our Authorized Provider membership status, Acuity Institute is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standards. The primary purpose of a CEU is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed one or more significant non-credit educational experiences.
1.7 IACET Continuing Education Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
PMI® Professional Development Units
Acuity Institute is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Being an Authorized Training Partner allows Acuity Institute to grant Professional Development Units (PDUs) to customers who complete our qualified programs. As an Authorized Training Partner, Acuity Institute has agreed to abide by the PMI® established quality assurance criteria. PMI® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
17 PMI® Professional Development Units are provided upon successful completion of this course.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!